Monday, January 31, 2011

Last Day in Brazil


Day Five (last day in Brazil):
        Gina and I discovered that we had black out shades the night before, and we didn’t set an alarm, so we woke up to phone call from Idin at noon! The three of us got ready really fast and went out to explore the city one last time before leaving Brazil. I bought the one thing I am attempting to collect, a flag. We went grocery shopping as well, trying to stock up on snacks because  we have 9 days at sea and who knows what kind of food they will have in Ghana! On ship time was 3:00pm, so we got back to the ship at 2 and shared stories and pictures with all our friends for the rest of the day.
        Brazil is an amazing country. Completely different worlds between Manaus and Sao Paulo, and it was fun to experience a little of both! This is not the last time I will see Brazil, but maybe for a few years! It was a tearful goodbye, as I suspect it will be with every port. 

Now that I’ve bored you to death, go enjoy the snow for me! It’s hot out here in the middle of the ocean!

No comments: